A little experiment on how to modulate a mesh using a video and a sound file.
Used the following to achieve the effect.
- Vacuum Shader’s Awesome Wireframe shader
- Keijiro Takashi‘s LASP (loopback branch) and Klak
- Add video file to your assets
- Copy the Tesselation example from Wireframe shader samples
- Remove the animated control script that controls the material values
- Create a render texture for the video frames to go to
- Replace the displacement texture of the material with the render texture
- Using Klak, grab the RMS of an audio source in the scene, map this to the displacement height of the material/shader.